Top 20 Press Play Games
In its core Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a physics-based puzzle/platformer and set in a 2.5D environment with a free and cinematic camera. The game has 7 chapters and 20 levels in total All levels are connected so the game feels like one long journey. Besides platforming, the gameplay twist is the magic marker which introduces a creative and open approach to how puzzles can be solved. Throughout the game the magic marker will gain different powers.
The five powers are
1. Earth pillars. You can create pillars from the earth to reach higher grounds.
2. Tree branches - You can grow trees to use them as platforms, springboards, rafts and moveable objects. Branches also catch fire.
3. Vines which work like ropes. You can crawl and swing in vines, but vines can also be used to tie objects together.
4. Water streams can be shaped freely and will move objects as well as Max along their path.
5. You must destroy obstacles and defeat Mustacho’s minions.
Each of the five powers are introduced in settings similar to the power themselves. The magic marker is triggered by pressing and holding RT and controlled by the right analog stick of the Xbox One controller and while controlling the magic marker Max cannot move at all.
71 / 100183.55
Something incredible is happening in this unique adventure! Max just drew a terrifying monster with his new marker and now it's alive and wreaking havoc in his drawings! He doesn't have any choice but to stop the monster if he wants to save his pictures. In a new kind of gaming style, Max & the Magic Marker combines tried-and-tested 2D jump n run feel with the innovative option of directly influencing the level design. Here, Max is able to change every level with his magic marker so that all obstacles can be overcome, traps avoided and puzzles solved in order to send the monster back to where it came from.