Lightfoot Avatar

Your Game of the Year 2015

forum image

Since a countdown page for The Game Awards has been released here on IGDB, I think it's a fair time to ask which game was your personal game of the year? Were you impressed with Fallout 4, or did Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain just push all the right buttons? Or was Rocket League just way too much fun for any of these big titles to even compete for the honour?

Join the community and rate your favourite games.Create your account

Lightfoot
forum image

& me: Undertale all the way, babyyyy! As a complete experience, I think this was really the video game of the year for me. The length was absolutely perfect, the music is outstanding, and the gameplay works.

krazyjakeeAdmin

Personally, I liked Rocket League. It took a fairly niche game type and polished it so finely that everybody jumped on board. It just neatly ticked every box you could think of; stable, competitive, single player, split screen, good controls, social, customisable. Great game, I wouldn't be surprised if it won.

sighAlot

Being a big fan of heavy single player focus stories in games/cinema, i'd have to go for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :)Its gameplay isn't perfect, but what it managed to do with its storytelling was just fantastic i think.While a lot high fantasy games are often riddled with cheap cheesy redundant quests, Witcher has poignant and believable characters in a world that really feels alive.

I don't remember ever wanting to talk to every single peasant in a game before just because i actually cared for their problems.. and that is a pretty fantastic thing to achieve !

Special mention to on how CD Project Red handled their release. Having started playing on day 1 of the release (it's even the reason i bought a new console :)) they have improved the game seamlessly and for free in so many ways, from UI and frame rate improvement, to new quests & items.. Their attention to detail was very much noticeable in my opinion.

Now bring on Cyberpunk 2077...

crissanSuper Admin

Witcher 3 no doubt. I just love Polish fantasy! :) Have not tried Fallout 4 yet though...

Aneko

I have to agree with Lightfoot, Undertale was a great game this year... MMO wise I kinda have to give credit to APB:Reloaded for hosting a amazing halloween event OwO/

Lightfoot

Wow, it would actually be really interesting if they also gave an award for the best event in-game!

sharpless512Admin

Btw, do you guys/girls want to see more of these special pages?

sighAlot

I find it really handy to have everything in one place, this page was a good example of that, and ideally this is part of what IGDB aims to achieve.

I would say yes, more special pages :)