Good game overall with an impressive visual presentation and style (there's still not enough art-deco Bioshockey visual style things in the world), well voiced and good sounds. However for me the story, atmosphere and intrigue begin to falter once you the main plot arc is revealed and the characters potential leanings become somewhat predictable.
For it's presentation and setting, you'd be forgiven for expecting more from such a game with such aesthetics, especially with it's focus on narrative and lite puzzles and less mechanics to manage, but it really ends up being just a good, slightly more involved, walking simulator; one of the better ones though.
- • The environment visuals, lighting and setting are nice with a strong Bioshockesque art-deco period setting.
- • Sounds and voices are well performed and executed.
- • A generous auto-saving system that largely prevents frustration which is important for a game with no manual saving.
- • An intriguing setting and curious character motivations from the outset.
- • It plays well overall and doesn't overstay it's welcome (especially if you aren't achievement hunting even taking the collectible hunt into account).
- • There are so performance drops on the pc despite running on an RTX 2080 in 1440p with 32GB ram and an octo-core AMD and playing on a SSD.
- • Story falls flat and becomes cliché once the main arc is revealed.
- • Most of the collectables don't add much to the story and hunting them can be frustrating potentially due to the lack of manual saving.
- • A disappointing, lack of impact and potentially unfinished feeling ending.
- • Somewhat wasted setting considering the lack of gameplay mechanic depth.
- • Relies on the gone the wrong way, insta-death, try again loop on occasion which kills the fear factor especially when death & cut scenes cannot be skipped (PS there's an achievement for completing this game without dying).
- • Sometimes reloading a chapter in order to go back and retrieve a missed collectible for instance resulted in needing to close the entire game and reload due to the game hanging in a black screen (however pressing the stop game via steam client closed it without problem).