20 Games Like Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition()
TOTEM - Action RPG with a pretty, detailed pixel-art. In this game you will become the only hope for the salvation of mankind. Mysterious horrifying evil corrupts the forest and its inhabitants. You need to find out what’s hidden behind all these nightmares. Gradually, the hero discovers that the looming threat can be defeated, but to achieve this hero must be much more stronger. How to do it? Crush them all! Make them regret for what they did.
30 / 10001.5
The Lords of The Earth Flame is a novel game created in the best traditions of interactive fiction and text-based role-playing. Non-linear structure, rich text core, and the “analog” feel of times past are certain to provide unforgettable gaming experience for hours on end.
50 / 10002.5
Calcu-Late is a story about a boy named James that needs to participate in a godly Olympics tournament as a representative for the goddess of mathematics, Seshat. The tournament will grant the participant a wish that they stated before the tournament starts. James is going to take a final math exam in his school, but he forgot to study for it. His wish is just to pass the math exam.
40 / 10002.0
"While many crime games tend to have you exchanging gunfire with police and running people over with stolen vehicles, turn-based sim Urban Pirate is more into shoplifting cans of pop, buying weed, dumpster diving, and skateboarding in the park. It's all still crime, though, so you'll have to be careful as you live out your life as a hardened public nuisance, dodging cops, detectives, and an overly-zealous swat team" - Indiegames.com
"This pretty nifty turn based rpg (...) lets you eat slop and steal food, which is perfect for someone like me since I wouldn't want to do either of those things in real life" - @Wasdnonn
"On one hand it is rather uncomplicated; survive a number of days in order to complete a level. On the other hand it is a great mix of action/RPG/sport/time management and much more" - player review, indiegamestand.com
Live outside established society
Escape the store detective
Become a part of the militant resistance in the local squat
Survive hunger and insanity by shoplifting and dumpster diving
Upgrade your pirate
Rave and riot!
But always remain sane
Turn-based, crime simulator including dangerous living, legendary upgrades and adrenaline-pumping 2D mini-games.
Demo for Windows platforms.
Final game for Windows, Linux and Mac. Expected to launch April 2016.
Download free demo ►
http://www.indiedb.com/games/urban-pirate/downloads/urban-pirate-beta-demo (24 MB, no install needed)
50 / 10002.5
At long last, the works of H.P. Lovecraft meet the medium of RPG in a spectacle of light and sound befitting an old western. Only this is set in New England. Meet interesting people! See astounding wonders! Enslave humanity! Go on one date side quest in a game subtitled a dating simulator!
- Quirky 2D art with photography backdrops. Like the theme of sanity in all of Lovecraft's works, the art changes - sometimes drastically based on where you are in the game, who you are talking to, and what you are doing.
- Time management is also a factor, as some areas only open up at certain times, and you may find yourself unable to train everyone you want before the final invasion of Innsmouth.
- A SILENT PROTAGONIST. REVOLUTIONARY.
- Fully voiced cast of 60+ characters!
- Four central hub areas
- Whale Jesus (but only in the most awesome of playthroughs)
- Use your wits to engage in battles where words are sharper than swords or other things that hurt people in reality! Because NOBODY has EVER done conversation-based combat before!
- Recruit a party of THOUSANDS (if thousands meant six), ranging from Deep Ones to Night Gaunts, all staples of the Lovecraft mythos! Find hidden army squads and party members to further puff up your ranks!
- Do things that relate to other things and provide consequences of choice! We totally have more than three differently colored endings! We swear! (At least five! One is even pink!)
And no, it's not a Cthulhu Dating Simulator. Honestly.
50 / 10022.5
"Open Sorcery" is a game about technology, magic and becoming a person.
It is text-based. It follows the development of BEL/S [Version 5.6].
BEL/S is an Elemental Firewall: a creature of intertwined magic and code.
There are 90,000 words of text, five animated sequences, eighteen achievements to pursue, and eight possible endings.
80 / 10004.0
3DRPG is a voxelized old-school RPG where you explore a Randomly Generated world filled with random dungeons, towns and people! Every character in the game is recruitable. Hunt for prey or go fishing for food. Search for treasure in dungeons and fight monsters on the way!