20 Games Like Mario Golf: World Tour()
Turn your racing experience upside down! Nintendo’s Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console in full HD, introducing new racing circuit designs and anti-gravity karts that will have players driving upside down. And for the first time, all of Bowser’s seven Koopalings are playable characters-- get a taste of being bad on the race track by playing as Iggy, Larry, Lemmy, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favorite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater racing and motorbikes.
88 / 1001224.4
Experience a gravity-defying adventure!
Become Mario as he traverses gravity-bending galaxies, traveling in and out of gravitational fields by blasting from planet to planet. Players experience dizzying perspective shifts as they run upside down through wild alien worlds that need to be seen to be believed. Whether you're surfing on a ray across an ocean in the clouds, rolling on a ball through a treacherous garden, or floating in a bubble over a poisonous swamp, there's no limit to the cosmic challenges you'll encounter!
* Shake it! Controlling Mario is as simple as can be with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Move Mario with the Control Stick and shake the Wii Remote to perform a spin move or cue Ring Stars that launch you to and from planetary objects. You can even point at bits of stardust to collect them or latch onto Beam Stars to blaze a magnetic trail through the heavens.
* Mario can run, tiptoe, jump, triple-jump, backflip, and long-jump, but what he'll do most is spin. By shaking the Wii Remote, players make Mario spin around with fists outstretched, allowing him to pummel enemies and cue Star Rings that launch him from planet to planet.
* He can also find plenty of power-ups: A Bee Mushroom turns him into Bee Mario, allowing him to fly for short periods of time and cling to honeycombs. A Boo Mushroom turns him into Boo Mario, allowing him to float and turn invisible to pass through mesh gates.
* He'll constantly collect bits of stardust. These can be fired at enemies using the B Button. A second player can even take on this role, using a second Wii Remote to stall enemies, fire stardust, or even sweep aside projectiles.
87 / 1001804.35
Mario is invited by Princess Peach to her castle, but once he arrives he finds out that Bowser has kidnapped her. Mario has to overcome many challenges and collect Power Stars hidden in the castle's paintings and walls to defeat Bowser and rescue Peach in this seminal 3D platformer.
91 / 1004444.55
Play the story of a golfer, forced to give up all that he holds dear for one final shot at accomplishing his dream.
But all is not so simple in the world of golf. To best today's players you have to be able to keep up with them not just on the course, but also off it.
85 / 10074.25
Grab your friends and family and captain the crew to victory!
The party is back and bigger than ever in the Mario Party™ 9 game for Wii, featuring all-new ways to play! For the first time in the franchise, boss battles crash the party and challenge players to compete to defeat a common enemy. In addition, players now travel across stages together in a vehicle towards a common goal - overcoming obstacles, battling bosses, and collecting Mini Stars stolen by Bowser™ and his minions. Featuring 80 new minigames, adventurous new stages, and all-new ways to play that blend cooperative and competitive action for up to four players*, Mario Party 9 is the perfect way to get the party started.
-For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser™ and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
-In another first for the series, players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action.
-Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game.
-In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo’s Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends.
-Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles.
-No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
-Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features.
* Additional accessories are required for multiplayer game play and are sold separately.
72 / 100123.6
Mario and friends once again jump into the seat of their go-kart machines for the first Wii installment of this popular franchise. New features this year are an online racing mode, new motorbike vehicle types, a special balancing system for new and veteran players, and (in its initial release) a special Mario Kart wheel packaged with the game.
80 / 1001094.0
Hit the links in the Mushroom Kingdom!
Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and others have tee times reserved in the Mushroom Kingdom! Challenge them to tournaments, or take them on in character matches to collect rings or nab coins! Play on resort-style courses or look out for Chain Chomps, Warp Pipes and Thwomps on the Mushroom Kingdom courses!
76 / 100123.8
Mario Party 3 is the third and final Mario Party title for the Nintendo 64. A total of eight characters are available to choose from: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, and newcomers Waluigi and Princess Daisy. Mario Party 3 features duel maps, in which two players try to lower each other's stamina to zero using non-playable characters such as Chain Chomps. It is the first Mario Party game to feature Luigi's main voice and also it is last Mario game where Princess Daisy appears in a yellow and white dress, and with long hair, as well as the last Mario game (until New Super Mario Bros. Wii) in which Yoshi's "record-scratching" voice is used. It is also the first Mario Party game to have multiple save slots.
72 / 100273.6
Leap into the first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world! Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad—each with their own special skills—in the all-new Sprixie Kingdom. Scamper up walls with the new cat power-up to find secrets or pounce from above to claw enemies. Enjoy a solo romp or add friends on the fly for instant Mario multiplayer magic! Freely roam the world map and each sprawling stage alone or team up with friends to find hidden stars while competing to take the crown for most coins and points found. Tap the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible secrets. Or, use the GamePad for off-TV play while tilting it to spot hidden nooks and crannies with the moveable camera. All this and more makes Mario’s world deeper than ever. Jump on in!
88 / 1001004.4
Run and jump to your way to fun with Mario & friends!
- Play together with up to 4 friends or family members
- Rediscover legendary 2D gameplay loved by millions
- Fun, simple controls—just like classic Mario games
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyone. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before or invite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in the game for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun. With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies, items and even balls of fire.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote™ controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – or might make it tilt incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote, and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the coin battle multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on the number of coins they have collected.
83 / 100794.15
Grab your clubs and start down the road to golfing perfection in this role-playing golf adventure! Chat up the locals at golf clinics, hone your skills in challenges like Club Slots and Go-Go Gates, and try to become the champ of all the country clubs! The Mushroom Kingdom residents take on only the very best.
86 / 10004.3
Mario Party: Island Tour lets you take the fun on the road with your Nintendo 3DS system!
Face off against friends and family in the all-new, ultimate Mario Party – a portable minigame extravaganza that’s bursting with gameplay possibilities. If you’ve never played a Mario Party game before, you’re in for a treat.
There’s always something new to see on the Party Islands.
In this ultimate showdown you can take on the road, blaze through the 7 new game boards, some of which take just minutes to play. Wrangle goombas and blast out of cannons as you tilt, tap, and draw through new minigames harnessing the unique functionality of Nintendo 3DS. Compete in new multiplayer modes including mind bending puzzles, minigame challenges, or enter a whole new reality with AR Card play for up to 4 players*. Whether in single or multiplayer, this is a portable party that never ends.
65 / 10023.25
Super Mario Bros. 3 is a platform video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) video game console. Mario and Luigi embark on a quest to save Princess Toadstool and the rulers of seven different kingdoms from the antagonist Bowser and his children, the Koopalings. The player, as Mario or Luigi, is able to defeat enemies by stomping them or using items that bestow magical powers. Mario and Luigi are given a wider range of abilities than in previous Super Mario games, including flying or sliding down slopes. In addition, Super Mario Bros. 3 introduces numerous elements, such as new enemy characters and the use of a world map to transition between levels, that have reappeared in or have influenced subsequent Mario games.
90 / 1004184.5
Prepare for liftoff with Mario and Yoshi!
In 2007, Super Mario Galaxy took the world of video games by storm. Now this first true Mario sequel in years re-energizes the franchise with new levels and new power-ups. Plus this time Mario gets to team up with his dinosaur buddy Yoshi, who adds new possibilities to the gravity-defying game play. It's everything you love about the first game and more.
* Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history. Mario works his way through the various levels, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place.
* On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms.
* Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights.
* New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet.
* Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.
90 / 1001684.5
The superstars of the Mushroom Kingdom have gathered on the diamond to power up America's game! Pick a captain, fill your team with your favorite characters from the Mario universe, then hit the field. Each captain has a special Star Skill for pitching and batting, so whether you're hurling fireballs as Mario or blasting curving banana-ball dingers as DK, you've never played ball like this!
63 / 10053.15
A competitive first-person arena shooter developed from the ground up for Project Morpheus, RIGS: Mechanized Combat League combines mechanized combat with competitive sports to deliver the ultimate sport of the future. In stadiums around the world, teams of pilots engage in blistering gladiatorial matches in large, athletic machines known as ‘RIGs’.
Each RIG comes with its own specialties, allowing players to develop distinctive combat styles and team tactics based on their RIGs’ size, shape, abilities and weapons. Once you strap on the Morpheus headset and select a RIG from your garage, you’re immersed in a first-person combat experience unlike any other. Coming in 2016.