20 Games Like Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis()
After years of apparent goodwill, Mario and Donkey Kong are at it again--this time, on Game Boy Advance. Donkey Kong has stolen all the Mini-Mario toys from the Mario Toy Co., and now it's up to Mario to hunt down his longtime nemesis and retrieve the pilfered goods. As Mario, you must race through challenging levels while finding keys and releasing Mini Marios before time runs out. Along the way, you'll master new moves that can help you overcome new puzzles.
72 / 100113.6
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (マリオVSドンキーコング ミニミニ再行進!? Mario tai Donkī Kongu Mini Mini sai Kōshin!) is a puzzle video game for the Nintendo DSi. Announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009, it is the third game in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. It was released via the Nintendo DSiWare download service in North America on June 8, 2009, in Europe and Australia on August 21, 2009 and in Japan on October 7, 2009. It is the first DSiWare game to feature a level editor in which players can create custom-made levels and send them to players on other devices via a wireless Internet connection.
80 / 10004.0
Super Mario Bros. 3 is a platform video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) video game console. Mario and Luigi embark on a quest to save Princess Toadstool and the rulers of seven different kingdoms from the antagonist Bowser and his children, the Koopalings. The player, as Mario or Luigi, is able to defeat enemies by stomping them or using items that bestow magical powers. Mario and Luigi are given a wider range of abilities than in previous Super Mario games, including flying or sliding down slopes. In addition, Super Mario Bros. 3 introduces numerous elements, such as new enemy characters and the use of a world map to transition between levels, that have reappeared in or have influenced subsequent Mario games.
90 / 1004694.5
Forgotton Anne is a 2d cinematic adventure game combining puzzle platforming with adventure game elements. You play as Anne, the enforcer keeping order in the Forgotton Realm, as she sets out to squash a rebellion that might prevent her master, Bonku, and herself from returning to the human world.
The World of Forgotton Anne: Imagine a place where everything that is lost and forgotten goes; old toys, letters, single socks. The Forgotten Realm is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings, creatures composed of mislaid objects longing to be remembered again.
80 / 10014.0
Mario is invited by Princess Peach to her castle, but once he arrives he finds out that Bowser has kidnapped her. Mario has to overcome many challenges and collect Power Stars hidden in the castle's paintings and walls to defeat Bowser and rescue Peach in this seminal 3D platformer.
91 / 1005074.55
At the grand opening of Mario's third theme park, the first 100 guests receive a new Mini Pauline toy. Donkey Kong arrives as the 101st guest and finds himself out of luck. He grabs Pauline and heads into the park with Mario and his Mini Marios in hot pursuit. The fourth game in the series adds new challenges and new opportunities for users to share what they have created.
78 / 10013.9
It's the ultimate Sonic celebration! Sonic returns in a new 2D platforming high speed adventure, and he's not alone!
Developed in collaboration between SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games, experience new zones and remixed classic levels with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles!
86 / 100344.3
Semblance is an innovative platformer with deformable terrain, set in a beautiful minimalist world. It’s a game that asks, what if you could deform and reshape the world itself? Semblance takes the idea of a ‘platform’ in a platformer and turns it on its head.
80 / 10004.0
It's not about killing… it's about killing with style. 101 Ways To Die is a physics-based puzzler with a twist - it's full of dark humour and cartoon gore. As the assistant of an eccentric (and slightly evil) scientist, Professor Splatunfuder, it’s your job to help him in restoring a damaged Recipe book. These aren’t any old cooking Recipes, but Recipes for dispatching your enemies in the most stylish ways possible. The name of the book is 101 Ways To Die.
As the assistant to the morally corrupt Professor Ernst Splattunfuder, you must help recreate '101 Ways To Die' - a book full of delightfully gory death recipes for dispatching your foes in the most stylish ways possible.
With an arsenal of deadly tools at your disposal, find the most violent and brutal ways to maim, slice, burn, explode, rip and impale the lab created creatures known as Splatts. Don't let them escape.
60 / 10003.0
Experience a gravity-defying adventure!
Become Mario as he traverses gravity-bending galaxies, traveling in and out of gravitational fields by blasting from planet to planet. Players experience dizzying perspective shifts as they run upside down through wild alien worlds that need to be seen to be believed. Whether you're surfing on a ray across an ocean in the clouds, rolling on a ball through a treacherous garden, or floating in a bubble over a poisonous swamp, there's no limit to the cosmic challenges you'll encounter!
* Shake it! Controlling Mario is as simple as can be with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Move Mario with the Control Stick and shake the Wii Remote to perform a spin move or cue Ring Stars that launch you to and from planetary objects. You can even point at bits of stardust to collect them or latch onto Beam Stars to blaze a magnetic trail through the heavens.
* Mario can run, tiptoe, jump, triple-jump, backflip, and long-jump, but what he'll do most is spin. By shaking the Wii Remote, players make Mario spin around with fists outstretched, allowing him to pummel enemies and cue Star Rings that launch him from planet to planet.
* He can also find plenty of power-ups: A Bee Mushroom turns him into Bee Mario, allowing him to fly for short periods of time and cling to honeycombs. A Boo Mushroom turns him into Boo Mario, allowing him to float and turn invisible to pass through mesh gates.
* He'll constantly collect bits of stardust. These can be fired at enemies using the B Button. A second player can even take on this role, using a second Wii Remote to stall enemies, fire stardust, or even sweep aside projectiles.
87 / 1002184.35
Leap into the first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world! Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad—each with their own special skills—in the all-new Sprixie Kingdom. Scamper up walls with the new cat power-up to find secrets or pounce from above to claw enemies. Enjoy a solo romp or add friends on the fly for instant Mario multiplayer magic! Freely roam the world map and each sprawling stage alone or team up with friends to find hidden stars while competing to take the crown for most coins and points found. Tap the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible secrets. Or, use the GamePad for off-TV play while tilting it to spot hidden nooks and crannies with the moveable camera. All this and more makes Mario’s world deeper than ever. Jump on in!
88 / 1001224.4
Do you have what it takes to save the Mushroom Princess? You’ll have to think fast and move even faster to complete this quest! The Mushroom Princess is being held captive by the evil Koopa tribe of turtles. It’s up to you to rescue her from the clutches of the Koopa King before time runs out. But it won’t be easy. To get to the Princess, you’ll have to climb mountains, cross seas, avoid bottomless pits, fight off turtle soldiers and a host of black magic traps that only a Koopa King can devise. It’s another non-stop adventure from the Super Mario Bros.!
85 / 1004334.25
Unravel two is the sequel to the 2015 puzzle platforming game Unravel. It was announced during E3 2018, that the game was actually already finished and available instantly! In the game there are two Yarny's (made out of yarn) which can be controlled by one player, though the game can also be played in co-op. Together the Yarny's explore area's and solve the puzzles within them.
Prepare for liftoff with Mario and Yoshi!
In 2007, Super Mario Galaxy took the world of video games by storm. Now this first true Mario sequel in years re-energizes the franchise with new levels and new power-ups. Plus this time Mario gets to team up with his dinosaur buddy Yoshi, who adds new possibilities to the gravity-defying game play. It's everything you love about the first game and more.
* Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history. Mario works his way through the various levels, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place.
* On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms.
* Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights.
* New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet.
* Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.
90 / 1002064.5
Quern is a first person puzzle adventure with captivating story and beautiful graphics. Quern refreshes the genre with flexible gameplay and reuseable puzzle mechanics. The visuals and the music combine traditional and modern elements providing a unique mood for the game.
One of the specialities of Quern is that the tasks to be solved are not managed as separate, individual and sequential units, but as a complex entity, amongst which the players may wander and experiment freely. Often a bad or seemingly irrational result may bring the player closer to the final solution, if those are reconsidered and thought over again later, in the possession of the knowledge gained during the game.