20 Games Like New Super Luigi U()
Run and jump to your way to fun with Mario & friends!
- Play together with up to 4 friends or family members
- Rediscover legendary 2D gameplay loved by millions
- Fun, simple controls—just like classic Mario games
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyone. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before or invite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in the game for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun. With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies, items and even balls of fire.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote™ controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – or might make it tilt incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote, and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the coin battle multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on the number of coins they have collected.
83 / 100914.15
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a traditional side-scrolling adventure game featuring Mario, Luigi and loads of other favorite characters from the popular Mario series. The game was created specifically as a pick-up-and-play experience that can be instantly enjoyed by players of all skill levels on the Nintendo 3DS system.
79 / 100343.95
Super Mario 64, the classic 3D platformer for the Nintendo 64, arrives on the Nintendo DS with all-new features that take advantage of the portable system's dual screens, touch screen, and wireless multiplayer capability. Like the original game, Super Mario 64 DS challenges you to find all the power stars hidden throughout the royal castle in the effort to free Peach imprisoned inside the castle. This time, you can play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi, each of whom has unique abilities. Overcome the challenges on your own or battle up to three of your friends in the multiplayer modes.
85 / 100224.25
In an all new 2D side-scrolling adventure, Mario and Luigi return after nearly fifteen years. The first traditional Mario Bros. game since Super Mario World.
The character models are rendered in real time 3D, allowing for a far greater number of moves ever before seen in a Mario Bros. title. Also as the game is on DS, the touch screen allows players to store an additional power-up and view the distance still to go in a level.
84 / 100744.2
Super Mario Maker lets people’s imaginations run wild. For the first time ever, friends can have fun playing through levels they create for one another. The Wii U GamePad controller makes it so easy for anyone to create levels; it may feel like simply sketching out ideas on paper. Players can enjoy a seemingly endless supply of inventive Mario levels from players around the world.
The game includes a book totaling about 100 pages that illustrates the boundless possibilities in Super Mario Maker. Nintendo will also release two special Mario amiibo figures to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game. Tapping these amiibo in Super Mario Maker adds a Big Mushroom power-up to your course, allowing Mario to grow big and bust blocks from any direction, as well as adding a retro visual filter to the game, reminiscent of older cathode ray tube televisions. In addition, many other amiibo will also be compatible with Super Mario Maker through the use of a new item called the Mystery Mushroom. This item allows Mario to take the appearance of many other characters, such as Link, Kirby or Wii Fit Trainer, complete with character-specific animations and sound effects. These character costumes can be unlocked by completing the 100 Mario Challenge mode and many can also be unlocked if the player taps the amiibo of the character to the Wii U GamePad.
85 / 100414.25
Super Mario goes mobile!
Unlike other games in the franchise, Mario will run on his own. All you do is tap the screen to jump. The longer you tap, the higher the jump meaning that you can play the game with one hand.
In this game, Mario constantly moves forward through the courses while you use a variety of jumps to navigate. Mario will behave differently depending on the timing of your taps, so it's up to you to show off particularly smooth moves, gather coins, and reach the goal.
There are three different game modes to play. The first mode features challenging courses for you to complete while collecting coins. The second mode has you challenge the play data of other players to show who can beat a course with the most style to impress Toads into joining you. In the third mode, you get to create your own Mushroom Kingdom using the coins and Toads collected by playing the first two game modes.
71 / 100273.55
Leap into the first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world! Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad—each with their own special skills—in the all-new Sprixie Kingdom. Scamper up walls with the new cat power-up to find secrets or pounce from above to claw enemies. Enjoy a solo romp or add friends on the fly for instant Mario multiplayer magic! Freely roam the world map and each sprawling stage alone or team up with friends to find hidden stars while competing to take the crown for most coins and points found. Tap the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible secrets. Or, use the GamePad for off-TV play while tilting it to spot hidden nooks and crannies with the moveable camera. All this and more makes Mario’s world deeper than ever. Jump on in!
88 / 1001094.4
New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad ... and your Mii character! Now's your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play. Up to five players can jump into the fun, with up to four people using Wii Remote controllers and one on the Wii U GamePad. The experience is different, depending on which controller is used.
77 / 100473.85
Prepare for liftoff with Mario and Yoshi!
In 2007, Super Mario Galaxy took the world of video games by storm. Now this first true Mario sequel in years re-energizes the franchise with new levels and new power-ups. Plus this time Mario gets to team up with his dinosaur buddy Yoshi, who adds new possibilities to the gravity-defying game play. It's everything you love about the first game and more.
* Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history. Mario works his way through the various levels, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place.
* On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms.
* Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights.
* New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet.
* Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.
90 / 1001894.5
Mario’s back! Bigger and badder than before! This time it’s a fierce action-packed battle to free the land of Subcon from the curse of the evil Wart. It’s up to you, along with Mario, Luigi, Toad and the Princess, to fight your way through bizarre multi-level worlds and find him! This time you’ve got a brand new kind of power - plucking power - and now anything you find can be a weapon. But beware! You’ve never seen creatures like these! Shyguys and Tweeters! Ninji and Beezos! And you’ve never had an adventure like this! Only cunning and speed can save you now…
78 / 1001343.9
Experience a gravity-defying adventure!
Become Mario as he traverses gravity-bending galaxies, traveling in and out of gravitational fields by blasting from planet to planet. Players experience dizzying perspective shifts as they run upside down through wild alien worlds that need to be seen to be believed. Whether you're surfing on a ray across an ocean in the clouds, rolling on a ball through a treacherous garden, or floating in a bubble over a poisonous swamp, there's no limit to the cosmic challenges you'll encounter!
* Shake it! Controlling Mario is as simple as can be with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Move Mario with the Control Stick and shake the Wii Remote to perform a spin move or cue Ring Stars that launch you to and from planetary objects. You can even point at bits of stardust to collect them or latch onto Beam Stars to blaze a magnetic trail through the heavens.
* Mario can run, tiptoe, jump, triple-jump, backflip, and long-jump, but what he'll do most is spin. By shaking the Wii Remote, players make Mario spin around with fists outstretched, allowing him to pummel enemies and cue Star Rings that launch him from planet to planet.
* He can also find plenty of power-ups: A Bee Mushroom turns him into Bee Mario, allowing him to fly for short periods of time and cling to honeycombs. A Boo Mushroom turns him into Boo Mario, allowing him to float and turn invisible to pass through mesh gates.
* He'll constantly collect bits of stardust. These can be fired at enemies using the B Button. A second player can even take on this role, using a second Wii Remote to stall enemies, fire stardust, or even sweep aside projectiles.
87 / 1002014.35
Mario is invited by Princess Peach to her castle, but once he arrives he finds out that Bowser has kidnapped her. Mario has to overcome many challenges and collect Power Stars hidden in the castle's paintings and walls to defeat Bowser and rescue Peach in this seminal 3D platformer.
91 / 1004764.55
Super Mario Bros. 3 is a platform video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) video game console. Mario and Luigi embark on a quest to save Princess Toadstool and the rulers of seven different kingdoms from the antagonist Bowser and his children, the Koopalings. The player, as Mario or Luigi, is able to defeat enemies by stomping them or using items that bestow magical powers. Mario and Luigi are given a wider range of abilities than in previous Super Mario games, including flying or sliding down slopes. In addition, Super Mario Bros. 3 introduces numerous elements, such as new enemy characters and the use of a world map to transition between levels, that have reappeared in or have influenced subsequent Mario games.