20 Games Like New Zealand Story Revolution()
"Dead Cells is a roguelike, Castlevania-inspired action-platformer, allowing you to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
To beat the game, you’ll have to master 2D souls-like like combat with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.
RogueVania: Intense 2D action with the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath in a castle full of cuddly creatures.
Souls-like combat: Pattern-based bosses and minions, weapons and spells with unique gameplay. Roll roll roll your boat gently down the stream...
Nonlinear progression: Unlock new levels with every death, take a new path. Tired of the stinking sewers? Why not take the ramparts?
Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. A fine place for a holiday."
85 / 100304.25
Chasm is a procedurally-generated RPG Platformer for PC (Win, Mac, & Linux), Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Taking equal inspiration from hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers and Metroidvania-style platformers, it will immerse you in a procedurally-generated fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
72 / 10053.6
Forgotton Anne is a 2d cinematic adventure game combining puzzle platforming with adventure game elements. You play as Anne, the enforcer keeping order in the Forgotton Realm, as she sets out to squash a rebellion that might prevent her master, Bonku, and herself from returning to the human world.
The World of Forgotton Anne: Imagine a place where everything that is lost and forgotten goes; old toys, letters, single socks. The Forgotten Realm is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings, creatures composed of mislaid objects longing to be remembered again.
80 / 10014.0
Semblance is an innovative platformer with deformable terrain, set in a beautiful minimalist world. It’s a game that asks, what if you could deform and reshape the world itself? Semblance takes the idea of a ‘platform’ in a platformer and turns it on its head.
80 / 10004.0
Caveblazers is a challenging and brutal roguelike platformer. Journey into a mysterious cave, fighting orcs and goblins with an abundance of weapons and magical items! Make friends along the way to aid your adventure, then watch in despair as they are crushed in to a bloody pulp under a troll's fist.
80 / 10024.0
Castle In The Darkness is a fun and challenging shout out to the early days of video games! It's an action exploration platformer with some RPG elements, much like games from the Castlevania or Metroid series. It's super fast-paced, challenging, and full of secrets!
60 / 10033.0
A Hat in Time is a 3D collect-a-thon platformer in the spirit of the beloved Nintendo and Rare games from the Nintendo 64 era. Think Banjo-Kazooie, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario 64 all in one! The game features Hat Kid, a girl who travels time and space to protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl!
87 / 100244.35
Sometimes it’s not about the history. It’s about the story.
My Memory of Us is a reminiscence of a friendship between a boy and a girl. A friendship made during tough times. Times of terror, pain, and exclusion in a world where people were forced to live in two artificially detached worlds.
Hollow Knight is the first game by Team Cherry, an indie games team comprised of 3 people based in South Australia.
Hollow Knight is a challenging, beautiful action adventure game set in the vast, inter-connected underground kingdom of Hallownest. A 2D action game with an emphasis on skill and exploration, Hollow Knight has you fighting a fearsome host of deadly creatures, avoiding intricate traps and solving ancient mysteries as you make your own way through fungal wastes, forests of bone, and ruined underground cities.
The atmosphere is eerie and sometimes unnerving, but there is a good-hearted core of humour and levity in there too, especially when conversing with all of the weird and wonderful NPCs you’ll find along the way. Hollow Knight has beautiful traditional art, fluid and responsive action, challenging but fair gameplay, and an incredible, bizarre insect world begging to be explored and conquered.
- A beautiful, eerie world of insects and heroes.
- Traditional 2D animation brings creatures and characters to life.
- Challenging gameplay that can be difficult but always fair.
- Fluid and responsive action allows you to flow through combat like water.
- A collection of challenging “feats” the most skilled players can strive for.
- Find powerful new abilities and spells on your adventure to grow stronger and open new paths.
- Speak with a weird, intriguing cast of characters.
- Explore a vast, connected underground world.
- Scour the world for hidden secrets – powerful artifacts, piles of riches, and surprising encounters.
- Go Dream Diving! Venture into the minds of friends and enemies and discover the strange worlds that await within.
- Head to town to seek advice, purchase new items, and chat with quirky townsfolk.
- Hidden areas full of the toughest challenges and battles, for expert players.
- Ancient mysteries hidden about the world waiting to be solved by the most observant investigators.
91 / 100994.55
"It is a new beginning for Kratos. Living as a man, outside the shadow of the gods, he seeks solitude in the unfamiliar lands of Norse mythology. With new purpose and his son at his side, Kratos must fight for survival as powerful forces threaten to disrupt the new life he has created..."
97 / 1002434.85
LIVE THE EPIC ODYSSEY OF A LEGENDARY SPARTAN HERO
Write your own epic odyssey and become a legendary Spartan hero in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, an inspiring adventure where you must forge your destiny and define your own path in a world on the brink of tearing itself apart. Influence how history unfolds as you experience a rich and ever-changing world shaped by your decisions.
95 / 100234.75
LEGRAND LEGACY - TALE OF THE FATEBOUNDS
LEGRAND LEGACY is a spiritual successor to some all-time favorite JRPGs with a fresh take on the classic turn-based combat. Explore a beautifully hand-drawn world riddled with fantastical creatures, devastating wars, and intriguing stories of personal redemption. Play our demo and discover why Legrand Legacy is the "Most Promising Game" of the year!
Mugna Feud, the great war between the Kingdoms of Fandor and Altea, puts Legrand in a chaotic state. You play as Finn, a young slave who wakes up without any memory of his past, yet soon discovers that he possesses mysterious powers beyond his control. Embark on an epic adventure in this sprawling fantasy universe and fight alongside the Fatebounds to bring peace back to Legrand and prevent the Second Coming! But be careful who you trust, everyone has a secret to hide…
Legrand Legacy will be released for Windows on Steam and DRM-free in September 2017
- A fully immersive experience with stunning FMV, fully rendered 3D cinematic, and epic original soundtrack
- 3D models and original assets come together with gorgeously stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Action packed turn-based combat and tactical warfare scenarios that will test your wits and keep you on your toes
- Recruit NPCs to rebuild your castle, play mini games, or go on rewarding side quests
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for money
- Configure items and grimoire that characters can wield in combat, set combat formation, or review journal to track quests
82 / 10064.1
The classic series takes a leap forward in visual presentation in Mega Man 11 with a 2.5D design direction introducing beautiful, completely hand-drawn characters and environments. A freshly redesigned Mega Man takes on Dr. Wily’s berserk machines, defeating Robot Master bosses and taking their weapons, in an ever-evolving fight for justice with new and unique enemy designs.