20 Games Like Outlast: Whistleblower()
Welcome to Zombie California! Slay and survive with style in this co-op playground. Explore the vast Golden State, from lush forests to sunny beaches. Wield a variety of over-the-top, hand-crafted weapons against human and undead enemies. Upgrade your vehicles, grab your friends, and take a permanent vacation to the zombie apocalypse. Paradise meets hell and you are the matchmaker!
Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within - a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension.
75 / 100483.75
Welcome to a new world of Danganronpa, and prepare yourself for the biggest, most exhilarating episode yet. Set in a “psycho-cool” environment, a new cast of 16 characters find themselves kidnapped and imprisoned in a school. Inside, some will kill, some will die, and some will be punished. Reimagine what you thought high-stakes, fast-paced investigation was as you investigate twisted murder cases and condemn your new friends to death.
"Take a deep breath..." Try to remember: a girl, a chair, a bomb. Just keep... calm. Follow the voice into the depths of your memory. Relax... and search for the darkest memories in the deepest recesses of your mind. Can you find her? The clock is ticking... And this is just a part of the treatment.
Fast! you must find some resources to survive! explore the towns, kill some zombies, "steal" cars, food, weapons and gear, collect wood, make your own base, build your farm and keep an eye open! Because zombies aren't the biggest problem here, there's some snipers waiting for you in this perfect combination of The forest, Minecraft and DayZ! Find your weapons! Because THEY ARE COMING!
62 / 100153.1
Presented in the style of a TV series, Alan Wake features the trademark Remedy storytelling and pulse-pounding action sequences. As players dive deeper and deeper into the mystery, they’ll face overwhelming odds, plot twists, and cliffhangers. It’s only by mastering the Fight With Light combat mechanic that they can stay one step ahead of the darkness that spreads across Bright Falls.
With the body of an action game and the mind of a psychological thriller, Alan Wake’s intense atmosphere, deep and multi-layered story, and exceptionally tense combat sequences provide players with an entertaining and original gaming experience.
82 / 1002304.1
Floatlands is a lowpoly survival-exploration fps game in singleplayer mode with multiplayer to be added later on. Game is currently in early development with set goals.
* PROCEDURALLY GENERATED WORLD - You will play a robot as the main protagonist of Floatlands, going up against other robots. Game world will consist of several biomes: jungle, desert, sea and snow. These worlds will be unique all the time because they will be randomly generated. Islands and natural elements will have certain similarities, but altogether the world will be unique every time.
* QUESTING, POINTS OF INTEREST - There will be random events/quests (defending, collecting, exploring) across the world for you to complete. Quests, missions will also be randomly generated in order to bring the unpredictability aspect to the game.
* PLAYING STYLES - You can choose different play styles when playing in the world of Floatlands. You can be an explorer or you can be an aggressive player that wants to eliminate threats of well being.
* RESOURCE GATHERING - Important part will be the resource gathering aspect. Some basics: Shooting down robot enemies will provide you scrap metal; by chopping trees you will gain wood; sheep is a source for wool; you will also find resources in caves. Certain materials need to be processed and smelted in order to be used for building structures.
* CUSTOM BUILD MODE - With gathered resources you’ll be able to build and upgrade your own custom base/shelter and defend from enemies. At this moment there are 50 different build parts you can use to build your base. There are also 3 tiers – wood (starting tier), stone and fortified stone (highest tier for now). Build mode mixed with random generated terrain provides a multitude of options (basic shacks, castles…), so it will be interesting in this regard.
* ELECTRIC SYSTEM - One other major feature in game is electricity which will provide you with different options in the game - repairing your robot, powering up the lights and your defense system (turrets). We are in the process of making various props that will need a source of energy. Generators will be that source and with cables you'll have the option to connect devices yourself. You will have to fill generators with fuel to get them to work.
Don't Knock Twice is a first-person horror game based on a psychologically terrifying urban legend. To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.
Explore a grand manor house and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and using items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you.
The game is based on the film, Don't Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and directed by Caradog James (The Machine).
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet
In 30 days, help is coming...
A mysterious radio transmission claims that help is inbound. You are Jacob Solomon: leader of a makeshift team trying to survive the aftermath of a devastating asteroid collision. The world you once knew is no more – buried deep beneath the constant snowfall.
Your goal: keep your companions alive until rescue.
Until Dawn is an interactive drama survival horror video game. It was originally scheduled to be released on the PlayStation 3 and feature PlayStation Move support, but in August 2014, the game was reintroduced as a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
Until Dawn is designed to be played multiple times, as players will miss out on quite a bit of content with a single playthrough. Each will last about nine hours in length and the game mechanics utilize a new in-game system called the "Butterfly Effect" in which any choice of action by the player may cause unforeseen consequences later on. For example, locating a weapon in an earlier chapter may allow the player to pick it up down the line when a chase scene leads back to the same room. Throughout the game, players will make difficult decisions during ethical or moral dilemmas, such as sacrificing one character to save another. The Butterfly Effect system blurs the line between right and wrong decisions and it is possible for players to keep all eight characters alive as well as having all eight of them die, allowing for many different paths and scenarios as well as offering several different endings. Until Dawn has a strict auto-save system to prevent players from reloading a previous save file to an earlier point in the game if they regret an in-game decision they have made. The only way to change the player's choice is to restart the game from the beginning or continue to the end and start a new game. In a developer interview, it has been said that Until Dawn has "hundreds of endings". Different endings have different variations depending on the combination of characters alive at the end of the game.
The gameplay is focused on exploration, quick-time events and discovering clues as well as making decisions. There is an in-game system that will keep track of all of the clues and secrets players have discovered in total, even if there are multiple playthroughs; these clues will allow the player to piece together the mysteries of Blackwood. In terms of the gameplay mechanics and theme, Until Dawn has been noted to be similar to Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.
Until Dawn was met with a positive critical response upon release, with praise directed at the visuals, choice mechanic, horror elements, music, voice acting and gameplay design. Most of the criticism the game drew was concerning the story, mostly the second half, camera angles, character movements and partially linear plot.