20 Games Like Shining in the Darkness()
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive, set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. Whether playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman, in the player-driven world almost every single weapon and building are created by the players. Thanks to a “you are what you wear”-system free of typical class restrictions, a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage, and the players define their role within the game world. PvE, PvP guild vs guild battles, every action in the game has a meaning … as well as consequences. PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Albion Online is the first PC game to enable the same experience on tablets.
It is action-RPG and sandbox hybrid with building, crafting, gathering, farming and land claiming elements. There is no NPCs in game so the only way to get something is to create it by yourself or trade from other players... or take it with brutal force. However we understand that not every one have enough time to "live" in game doing everything by their selves that is why all game processes are boosted to make game a little bit casual.
We can say this about your character development as well. It is very boring to level up your character to XX-level just to take a good sword in hands and start to fight. There would be leveling anyway however it would grant you small additional benefits in combats but not major domination.
Lineage II is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Microsoft Windows, the second game in the Lineage series. It is a prequel to Lineage, and is set 150 years before the earlier game. It has become very popular since its October 1, 2003 launch in South Korea, reporting 1,000,918 unique users during the month of March 2007. To date, the game has been played by more than 14 million users, mostly based in Asia.
On November 30, 2011 Lineage II adopted a free-to-play model in Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction, with all game content being free save for "purchasable in-game store items and packs".
58 / 100152.9
You are a Fatebinder, the judge and executioner of Kyros’ law, acting under the watchful eye of the Overlords Archon of Justice, Tunon the Adjudicator. Your words shape the lives of thousands. Will you use that power to bring justice and inspire loyalty? Or will you bring fear and cruelty to the beaten people of the Tiers?
75 / 100133.75
Bravely Default follows the story of main character Tiz, a humble shepherd and the lone survivor of a cataclysmic event, as he joins a group of loyal companions on a journey to restore balance to the world. The battle system is what differentiates Bravely Default from other RPGs. Here players can strategically choose when to initiate two complementary commands: Brave and Default. This innovative system encourages players to think carefully about strategy during every enemy encounter. Selecting "Brave" lets players increase the number of actions a character can take in a turn, while "Default" allows players to store actions for later use.
74 / 100153.7
An original turn-based role-playing game set in a world of machines and magic, a world that stopped spinning thousands of years ago.
Rich, non-linear story
Turn-based combat (No Active Time Battle)
Combat pairs (Allows more variations to your battle team)
Grow your own ammunition (Organic crafting)
Build and improve your home base
Gorgeous overworld with a retro feel
No random encounters (Monsters visible at all times)
Play as Male or Female protagonist (You can switch at any time)
Tears of Avia is a turn-based tactical RPG. Play with up to 5 classes and hundreds of skills, finding the best synergy with your party and their skill loadout will mean the difference between success and failure. Run a balanced party or roll nothing but warriors, the choice is yours. With some skills being weapon bound rather than class bound, there are endless possibilities for you to experiment from.
Rezrog is a roguelike dungeon crawler with tabletop game aesthetics set in the fantasy world. The goal of the game is to create dynamic and engaging dungeon exploration experience for casual and hardcore players alike. The game’s art style mimics paper board game style, characters made of plastic and placed on plastic chips, while the environment is assembled from cardboard cutouts.
- Unique party mechanic: You have a party of brave heroes at your disposal, each with unique looks and strengths, but only one of them can go on an adventure at a time. If one hero falls prey to the enemy and gets captured, rescue him with another member!
- Tactical turn-based combat: Carefully plan your actions during the combat, conserve your resources and exploit enemy weaknesses.
- No two dungeons are ever the same: Procedurally generated dungeons create a unique experience for each and every player with interesting dungeons, large variety of equipment items and events impacting dungeon exploration.
- Permadeath: Getting your whole party captured means the end of the journey for your daring party of heroes.
- Progress persistence: Leave your legacy to next generations of heroes, even after permadeath, by acquiring and forging precious gems which leave stat points for use in a new game.
- Tabletop aesthetic: Mimics a paper board game style.
- Adventurers to heroes: Share all gear and skills within your team and equip them to suit your playstyle, but do it evenly. If your strongest hero is captured, you face an uphill task.
- Dungeon crawling: Prepare for unforeseen events as you face various dungeon challenges, avoiding traps and lethal encounters.
- Skill system: Skill discovery and upgrade system that allows acquiring and improving skills as you play.
- Boss battles: Challenging boss battles to test your fighting spirit. One wrong move could spell defeat.
- Large world to explore: 100 dungeon levels, 10 different environments.
- 7 character classes to play.
- More than 60 skills that can be upgraded to become even more powerful.
- More than 120 enemies to encounter.
Dragon Quest XI continues the gameplay of previous games in the series, in which players explore worlds and fight against various monsters, including the ability to explore high areas. The Nintendo 3DS version features a different style than the PlayStation 4 version, showcasing 3D graphics on the top screen and 16-bit styled sprites on the bottom screen. Before entering battle, players can also toggle between the 3D and 2D graphical styles. The game features the series' traditional turn-based battle system.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II is a Japanese role-playing game and the sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.
"The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II picks up one month after the decisive collision that changed the fate of the entire nation of Erebonia. The speedy, tactical turn-based combat with the newly-developed “ARCUS” system returns, with all the bells and whistles players fondly remember, along with the new Overdrive mode, new means of transportation both across the land and sky, new allies, new dangers, and a renewed sense of hope as Rean tirelessly works to right the wrongs that have led the country to disarray."
Baldur's Gate takes you back to the Forgotten Realms® campaign setting on a visually dazzling roleplaying adventure, one that brings to life grand tradition of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons® game through cutting edge are and technology. Immerse yourself in the balance of your actions, dark prophecies, test your resolve, and heroic dreams can be fulfilled at last.
90 / 100814.5
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations.
As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, developer FROMSOFTWARE and director Hidetaka Miyazaki continue their critically-acclaimed and genre-defining series with Dark Souls III. Fans and newcomers alike will get lost in the games hallmark rewarding gameplay and immersive graphics. Now only embers remain…
86 / 100954.3
World of Final Fantasy combines classic RPG gameplay mechanics with fresh and imaginative toy-like visuals. As a brand-new title in the Final Fantasy franchise, this game can be enjoyed by both fans and newcomers to the series. Players will lead a pair of twins through varied Final Fantasy worlds and encounter the adorably familiar monsters therein. Capture and raise such familiar beasts as cactuar, chocobo, and behemoth to discover alternate forms and learn new abilities.
"FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE improves upon the 2006 classic FINAL FANTASY® XII, now more beautiful and easier to play than ever. The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system. With newly implemented trophies and share functions, as well as stark visual and sound improvements in true HD for the first time, players both returning and new to the game will experience a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved way.
Includes several all-new enhanced gameplay features:
– The Zodiac Job System
– Improved character leveling system that now caters to the player’s preference
– Trial Mode – Take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 consecutive battles
– Speed Mode
– Latest-generation HD graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high definition.
– True 7.1 surround sound, including high definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
– Modern advancements including PlayStation®4 trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
– An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including Hunts, Battles, and mini-games"