20 Games Like Sword of Asumi()
Feature ListMake the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
NEW Auto-mapping! Never get lost in Darkwood Forest.
Iain McCaig’s famous cover animated and brought to life.
Malcolm Barter’s classic illustrations colorised.
An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
Realistic physics based dice rolling.
80 / 10014.0
Blue Rose is an interactive ‘visual novel’, following the viewpoint of the female knight Lena as she enters an unknown world deep in the mountains. Lena is a Templar of the Blue Rose, living her life to fight and protect her home and country. But what is truly important to her is only just about to reveal itself. Pulled away from the front lines of the war, Lena finds herself trapped in a secluded, unknown village in the mountains. For the first time she will make her own decisions – and face the consequences.
70 / 10003.5
Take on the role of Aaki, a seemingly normal if somewhat self conscious young man, whose life is turned upside down after a casual stroll through the local park. Now he has to deal with two mischievous demi-gods who insist he must marry one of them.
50 / 10012.5
"Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade" is a detective story told by a dweller of a cruel dark fantasy world affected by the pandemic. The world ruled by a 5 noble-born kins under the suzerainty of the undead Plague King.
The player reads through the story and makes decisions at certain points. Solving puzzles will progress the player through the story line. Good or evil actions will influence game play and lead to different endings.
60 / 10003.0
A Bird Story is a simple, surreal short about a boy and a bird with a broken wing. Its sole purpose is to tell a story, and can be viewed as a narrative/animation with interactivity -- but without a line of dialogue. It is a standalone game with its own beginning and endings; but for those who's played To the Moon, the boy eventually grows up to become the next patient in the series.
77 / 100243.85
A gripping seaside adventure following the connection of two young souls, each unknowingly helping the other make sense of a world that seems senseless. Complemented by breathtaking artwork and an addictive soundtrack, this charming tale will definitely suck you in and leave a lasting impression!
60 / 10003.0
At long last, the works of H.P. Lovecraft meet the medium of RPG in a spectacle of light and sound befitting an old western. Only this is set in New England. Meet interesting people! See astounding wonders! Enslave humanity! Go on one date side quest in a game subtitled a dating simulator!
- Quirky 2D art with photography backdrops. Like the theme of sanity in all of Lovecraft's works, the art changes - sometimes drastically based on where you are in the game, who you are talking to, and what you are doing.
- Time management is also a factor, as some areas only open up at certain times, and you may find yourself unable to train everyone you want before the final invasion of Innsmouth.
- A SILENT PROTAGONIST. REVOLUTIONARY.
- Fully voiced cast of 60+ characters!
- Four central hub areas
- Whale Jesus (but only in the most awesome of playthroughs)
- Use your wits to engage in battles where words are sharper than swords or other things that hurt people in reality! Because NOBODY has EVER done conversation-based combat before!
- Recruit a party of THOUSANDS (if thousands meant six), ranging from Deep Ones to Night Gaunts, all staples of the Lovecraft mythos! Find hidden army squads and party members to further puff up your ranks!
- Do things that relate to other things and provide consequences of choice! We totally have more than three differently colored endings! We swear! (At least five! One is even pink!)
And no, it's not a Cthulhu Dating Simulator. Honestly.
50 / 10022.5
A Wild Catgirl Appears is a short romance visual novel featuring multiple routes, different girls to date and of course, catgirls! You follow the story of Ami, a loner at high school, as she joins the school's coding club and sets about making her first video game.
50 / 10002.5
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! is a linear visual novel that picks up the story from the popular adventure game Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! continues the story of Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, adding new areas, new music, and three new characters to the roster!
80 / 10004.0
In this unconventional visual novel, the player controls the story by choosing whether to use the main character's ability to read people's minds. As an agent of an intergalactic society of freedom fighters, Blaire's telepathic skills can be used in the name of freedom, or to manipulate others for power.