20 Games Like This Book Is A Dungeon()
At long last, the works of H.P. Lovecraft meet the medium of RPG in a spectacle of light and sound befitting an old western. Only this is set in New England. Meet interesting people! See astounding wonders! Enslave humanity! Go on one date side quest in a game subtitled a dating simulator!
- Quirky 2D art with photography backdrops. Like the theme of sanity in all of Lovecraft's works, the art changes - sometimes drastically based on where you are in the game, who you are talking to, and what you are doing.
- Time management is also a factor, as some areas only open up at certain times, and you may find yourself unable to train everyone you want before the final invasion of Innsmouth.
- A SILENT PROTAGONIST. REVOLUTIONARY.
- Fully voiced cast of 60+ characters!
- Four central hub areas
- Whale Jesus (but only in the most awesome of playthroughs)
- Use your wits to engage in battles where words are sharper than swords or other things that hurt people in reality! Because NOBODY has EVER done conversation-based combat before!
- Recruit a party of THOUSANDS (if thousands meant six), ranging from Deep Ones to Night Gaunts, all staples of the Lovecraft mythos! Find hidden army squads and party members to further puff up your ranks!
- Do things that relate to other things and provide consequences of choice! We totally have more than three differently colored endings! We swear! (At least five! One is even pink!)
And no, it's not a Cthulhu Dating Simulator. Honestly.
50 / 10022.5
Quest For Infamy is a classic point and click adventure game, in which you assume the identity of ‘Mister Roehm’ a man trying to start over after running away from a shady past. Welcome to the little town of Volksville only to discover there is so much more going on in the valley than meets the eye! Come along and take a walk on the wild side with Roehm and discover just how infamous you might be.
Featuring three different character classes, why not take on the sly and cunning path of the Rogue, or behold the wonder and limitless power of the Sorcerer.
Or maybe you’d prefer the brute strength and brawn of the Brigand. Each class takes you on a different course throughout your quest making it ever so unique.
70 / 10013.5
3DRPG is a voxelized old-school RPG where you explore a Randomly Generated world filled with random dungeons, towns and people! Every character in the game is recruitable. Hunt for prey or go fishing for food. Search for treasure in dungeons and fight monsters on the way!
50 / 10002.5
Return NULL, a Point & Click Adventure, is set in a distant dystopian society under an oppressive force where you play the role of Jack Drebin; husband and soon to be father whose life is on the verge of chaos. Episode 1 sets up key characters and a plot that escalates into an intense finale.
50 / 10012.5
Melrose is trapped in a life of hardship. Her parents are mean to her and she gets bullied at school. She can find no one who understands her. To cope with her sorrow, Melrose turns to her imagination. She dreams up a world of unimaginable beauty and happiness, but sadly -- like all dreams -- it ends, and Melrose must return to real life.
Today is different, however. Melrose is about to meet her godmother and discover that the land in her dreams is real and in trouble.
On her journey with the sparky ladybug Diamond, a warmhearted witch and a sassy secret agent, Melrose becomes the main player in an escalating battle between light and darkness that stretches beyond the world of dreams.
Whisper of a Rose features a wondrous, intricately detailed world. Take your time to explore, relax and have fun! The 2014 Version of Whisper of a Rose with Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.