Viewtiful Joe 2 is an incessantly fun, side-scrolling brawler. Silvia's combat system, and some of the boss fights, could have used more fine-tuning, but the challenging AI, deep combat, and neat, stylized visuals massively outweigh the negative points. Few achievements in video games are as rewarding and satisfying as walking out of a room, that was full of enemies, with the coveted Rainbow V in Viewtiful Joe, which is why I can see myself revisiting VJ and VJ2 time and again, for years to come.
- 1. Challenging AI and a large roster of multiple enemy types.
- 2. Deep combat system with a low skill threshold and a high skill ceiling.
- 3. Unique and unforgettable premise, visuals, and sound effects.
- 4. The grading system dramatically increases the replay value.
- 1. Apart from her role in solving occasional puzzles, Silvia does not offer anything that Joe does not do better; there is very little incentive to switch to her character throughout the majority of the game.
- 2. Some boss fights are repetitive and longer than they needed to be.